cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Read, David" <d...@blueslate.net>
Subject FOP Problem
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:56:02 GMT
Greetings!

I have been successfully using Cocoon and FOP to produce PDFs and I read
somewhere that <fo:external-graphic...> didn't work correctly with the
version that comes with Cocoon 1.7.4 (FOP 0.12.1).  Not being able to
get external images to appear in the PDFs I assumed that I was
experiencing this problem.  I downloaded the latest FOP (0.14) and
successfully compiled it.  I placed the fop.jar in my lib directory and
removed the old fop_0_12_1.jar file.  Now when I request the URL that
leads to the PDF production I receive the following error in the
browser:

Cocoon 1.7.4

                                            Error found handling the
request.

      java.lang.NullPointerException
              at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter.format(FO2PDFFormatter.java:
83)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
              at
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(H
ttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java
:338)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)

In the Cocoon console window I see the following as a result of the hit:

using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
building formatting object tree
WARNING: Unknown formatting object ^

Replacing the fop.jar with the old fop_0_12_1.jar file alleviates the
problem, though I don't get my image.

I have updated by xerces, xalan, and xml jar files in an attempt to
resolve this but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I should be looking to resolve this?

Thank you for your time,

-Dave Read
Blue Slate Solutions
David.Read@blueslate.net