cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Person, Eric" <eric.per...@headland-media.com>
Subject Help! Java Out-of-memory error with Docbook XSL
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:25:13 GMT
Greetings, all!

I'm quite the newbie with Java, Apache, and Cocoon, but recently a
developmental server has been foisted upon me, & it's now my job to admin
this machine.

The problem is as follows:

I've been trying to display Docbook-compliant content using the Docbook XSL.
All other content I've displayed seems to work fine (using simpler XSLs).
However, when I try to display this ONE validated XML document using Docbook
XSL,  I get a java memory error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at
org.apache.xerces.utils.UTF8DataChunk.toString(UTF8DataChunk.java, Compiled
Code) at org.apache.xerces.utils.UTF8DataChunk.toString(UTF8DataChunk.java,
Compiled Code) at
org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.toString(StringPool.java, Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.getNodeValueString(DeferredDocume
ntImpl.java, Compiled Code)

...etc.

Since Cocoon works fine for the other XML docs I've displayed, I'm assuming
that the complexity of the Docbook XSL is overloading the memory of Jserv,
Apache, or Cocoon.  (Probably the Java, since I'm getting a Java error,
right?)

Can anyone point me to the memory setting I SHOULD have to display content
with complicated XSLs?  And which configuration files control these
settings?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks a lot!!

-Eric