cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: call cocoon from a servlet
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:51:19 GMT
Christophe MALIGORNE wrote:

> I have a servlet wich call Cocoon to process a document with XSP tags ant
> format it in a PDf document.
> Then the serlet send this PDF document via mail.
> it works correctly.
> But there are 2 drawbacks :
> 1) A class is  used to generate request parameter sendes to cocon. This is
> the CocoonServletRequest.java class supplied with cocoon
> sample. it  calls the ProducerFromRequest class. But this class have not
> yet
> to be used for security reasons.
> then, how have i to modify thisd class.

I think if you deploy this as a standalone servlet (and restrict access
to this servlet to only your programs calling it), you should be fine
security-wise. cocoon returns the PDF to your program and this cannot
IMHO be manipulated so that it sends the PDF to someone else - unless
you register your classes as a producer in cocoon.properties.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung