cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Richard Turner <...@firstoption.com>
Subject Re: Simple SQL and XSP problem..
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:56:56 GMT
Donald

I did have a  <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> tag but it came before a
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?> tag. When I switched them over so that the
"xsp" came first, the query was executed and the stylesheet was applied.  The
problem was that when I ran the .xml page in a browser, I got the "select *
from column_type_table" printed on to the screen rather than the database
contents. Swapping the to PI gives me formatted results.

regards

Richard

Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Richard Turner wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am relatively new to Cocoon, but I can see that can do everything I
> > need. I've got the SQL connection made to a postgres server and results
> > coming back. (BTW is there a postgres schema for the example databases
> > ?) What I want is to do is format the results from the SQL query with a
> > XSL sheet. When I add the xsl-stylesheet tag, the HTML produced shows
> > the original query code rather than the results.  What do I need to do
> > in order to apply formatting to  the esql.xml or taglib.xml examples
> > (Taglib version below).  Is there an example anywhere for this as I'm
> > sure that everyone would want to do this at some stage.
>
> i'm a little unclear on what your problem is. if it's that the query
> doesn't even execute, then an exception occured, i bet. try adding a
> sql:password element, even though it's probably not strictly necessary for
> your setup. if your page isn't getting an xslt processor pass, you need to
> add a <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> pi. for more on that, read the docs.
>
> - donald

Confidentiality: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is intended for
the addressee only and if you are not the intended recipient you should
not copy or use the contents nor disclose them to anybody else.
In such a case please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately
and delete this message and its attachments together with all copies
in whatever form.

Business Use: Any views or opinions expressed in this message (and any
attachments) that do not relate to the official business of First Option
Limited are neither given nor endorsed by it.

Viruses: This e-mail and any attachments has been checked for viruses
using Mime Sweeper but First Option Limited accepts no responsibility
for any viruses not revealed by such check and in accordance with good
computing practice recipients should ensure that they are actually
virus free.

Contact: In case of any query relating to this message or its content please
contact the Sender or our System Administrator webmaster@firstoption.com)
by return e-mail or telephone +44 (0)1962 738200 or by post at
First Option Limited, Signal House, Jacklyns Road, Alresford, Hants.
SO24 9JJ, United Kingdom