cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:30:15 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Mac,
>
> Am glad someone is listening. The end users need to look at XML files under netscape
exactly the
> way you can browse an XML file in Internet Explorer (like a tree with branches which
you can
> expand and collapse). I found a XSL which can do this. If i run any XML file through
this XSL the
> generated HTML can be viewed in Netscape as a tree (exactly like IE). If you look at
the output
> under Cocoon (just place the foo.xml and foo.xsl in ROOT and look at it from Netscape)
you will
> see exactly why i cannot do what you just suggested. (The white space is ignored by Netscape)
>
> Thanks,
> dims

So simple replacing the lines

        <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;nbsp;</xsl:text>

with

	&#160;

should do the trick or am I wrong here?

With your XSL fgile I get lines wit '&nbsp;</li>' literally displayed in
my Netscape and with &#160; replaceing the above cited line I get

<SPAN class="b">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN class="m">&lt;/</SPAN><SPAN
class="t">li</SPAN><SPAN
class="m">&gt;</SPAN>

in the source of the HTML page.

	mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791