cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James Scott <jsc...@hnt.com>
Subject Cocoon and EJB
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:30:29 GMT
Hello all-

I'm designing an EJB-based application where I'd also like to use Cocoon/XSL.
I'm fairly new to both technologies and I'm trying to develop a good design
pattern. What I keep coming up with is a "producer" object (extending
org.apache.cocoon.producer.AbstractProducer) that calls methods on the EJBs and
constructs an XML document which is then processed by Cocoon.

I'm wondering if there's a better way to this and eliminate a layer of calls
(right now I have at least 3: cocoon -> producer -> ejb -> possible support
classes). Would XSP be a better fit? Looking over the XSP docs it seems like the
XSP processor uses the same producer model so I'm not sure it would be more
efficient. What's the advantage of XSP? Maintainability?

Has anybody used XSP with EJB? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

JLS