cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Nachbaur <MNac...@rei.com>
Subject RE: [Cocoon Users] Re: Integrated environments
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:40:50 GMT
Well, the IDE I use for editing XML/XSL is 'XMLSpy' (www.xmlspy.com I believe).  Very good
tool IMHO.  If you want to bow down to MS and use a crappy product at the same time, you can
use XMLNotepad which is just as bad as notepad, but specifically for XML documents.  (I have
no opinions, do I? ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 8:10 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: [Cocoon Users] Re: Integrated environments

> Hi cocoon users,
>
> I have recently rejoined this list and I have a question concerning what
> environments people are using to develop Web sites.  MS InterDev is very big
> here and I was wondering if there is an analog out there fro Cocoon.
> Learning Interdev was a big stretch for me and it seems that MS has once
> again taken open standards and bent them to their own needs IMHO.
>
> I must admit the Interdev/FrontPage environment does provide for decent Web
> Development in a large corporation.  I need something like this or the
> powers that be will never allow me to use Cocoon  in my work.  I would
> appreciate any and all thoughts on this.  Thanks in advance.

Wow, the powers that be won't let you develop using the most popular IDE
ever made - the text editor? Boy, I'm glad I started my own business :-)

Seriously, any Java IDE will do for the java aspect of Cocoon and any
XML/text editor will do for the XML/XSL aspect of it.  I suspect that
InterDev lets you do Java development and also edit abitrary text files as
well so I would say stick with that if you like it and  know how to use it.
 I personally just switched from using CodeWarrior and started using the
new ProjectBuilder on Mac OS X.

Mike