cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephanie Wehner...@r4k.net>
Subject Re: cocoon, tomcat and apache UserDir
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:42:56 GMT
On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 05:13:35PM +0200, Uli Mayring wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Stephanie Wehner wrote:
>
> > Everytime I try to access, say, /~user/foo.xml, tomcat rewrites this to
> > [tomcat-document-root]/~user/foo.xml. Of course there is no such dir ~user
> > there, so this fails.
>
> You have to set it up so that you ask Apache for this file, not Tomcat. If
> you have Tomcat on port 8080, you should not ask for
> http://host.com:8080/foo.xml, but for http://host.com/foo.xml, if you have
> Apache installed on port 80. You probably have installed Tomcat as
> stand-alone and are using its internal webserver instead of Apache. Look
> in the Tomcat docs, they explain how to install Tomcat with Apache.

Actually I am using tomcat with apache. And I am accessing
http://host.com/foo.xml which works just fine. However it goes wrong
when I try to access an xml file which is in a user's webdirectory and
not in the main document root.

bye,
@rak
<hegemoOn> jx : yeah im a net-monk
<hegemoOn> and i pray every day for the soul of internet    - #unix,07/08/00