cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Help w/ Apache and Tomcat serving Cocoon pages
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:52:37 GMT
> I have Apache and Tomcat configured to correctly serve JSP pages. For
> example Apache will pass the URL: http:<my_server>/examples/jsp/some.jsp to
> Tomcat for processing.  I would like Apache to pass *.xml references to
> Cocoon via Tomcat, but I can't get this to work.
>
> My Tomcat/Cocoon configuration workw correctly.  For example
>
> http:<my_server>:8080/samples/index.xml is correctly processed by Cocoon.
>
> In summary, I want to be able to handle all *.xml files without having to
> refer to the Tomcat port.  Any suggestions on how to get this to work would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brett

So you're using JServ to pass requests to Tomcat right?  That means that
you should just turn of the HTTP handling in Tomcat in the conf/server.xml
file by commenting out the line (it's the one with the 8080 in it's port
attribute) and then add this to your tomcat.conf file (obviously you'll
need to change the "path-to" stuff to your real path)

Action cocoon path-to/jakarta-tomcat/lib/cocoon.jar
AddHandler cocoon .xml

ApJServMount /path-to-cocoon-webapp /root

If you're not using JServ (which I don't see how that's possible if you're
accessing JSP's without the port), then you'll need to read the Tomcat
docs at http://jakata.apache.org

mike