cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject Re: [c2] cocoonservlet change (was [c2] startup problem).sdm
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:48:19 GMT
Marcus Crafter wrote :
> Short term - I changed line 78 in
> CocoonServlet.java
>       from

>       this.classpath = (String)
> context.getAttribute(SERVLET_CLASSPATH);

>       this.classpath = System.getProperty("java.class.path");

>       and the problem I had before went away.

>       OK, now that I can use Cocoon2, can someone please explain to me
> in a
>       bit more detail what the issues were with Javac (.java) ? And
> what
>       would need to be done to it for a long term solution ?

What I've understood so far is that there is 'big' classloader issues
when dealing with Javac. Indeed, Javac doesn't take into account the
WebApplciation Classloader define by the Servlet Container for the Web
application -such application would be Cocoon-, meaning that you need to
get the STRING classpath which is the reason on the hack you saw and
changed above.

That's the reason why Stefano is going back to a middle term solution
that takes advantage of Catalina -if presents-, and if not it will work
with the System classapth (the way it works for you).

Sebastien