cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce G. Robertson" <brobert...@mta.ca>
Subject Re: VCalendar
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:58:09 GMT
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:24:27AM +0000, Morrison John wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> Hi!  I think that this shows promise.  I think that what we (assuming you want to help!)
should do is define a DTD for calendar information (base it on the vCalendar/vCard specifications)
then write an XSL to transform it into a vCalendar/vCard clear-text layout.  And (finally)
define a text/vCalendar output format.

> What do you think?  Worth doing?  Have you any experience with this calendar stuff?
Has somebody already defined an XML DTD for calendar events?

> John.

I've been working on a cocoon-based website for historians that is
tangential to this idea. It includes some resources that one would want
to consider, such as a xalan extension to convert dates among
calendrical schemes using IBM's Intenational Calendars for Java.

see: http://www.heml.org

Yrs,
--
Bruce Robertson, Dept. of Classics, Mount Allison University
http://www.mta.ca/faculty/humanities/classics/Robertson/