cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Newland" <cnewl...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Anybody using Jikes with Cocoon 1.8?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:18:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to configure Cocoon 1.8 to use the Jikes compiler to speed up my
XSP compilation but have been unsuccessful so far.

I've changed the cocoon.properties file to:

# support for the java language
processor.xsp.java.processor =
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor
#processor.xsp.java.processor.compiler =
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.SunJavaCompiler
processor.xsp.java.processor.compiler =
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.JikesJavaCompiler
processor.xsp.java.logicsheet = xsp-java.xsl
processor.xsp.java.preprocessor =
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor

and I've put the jikes.exe file into the system PATH variable in my Tomcat
startup script

Now when I try the Hello World XSP sample (or any XSP page) I get the
following exception:

java.util.NoSuchElementException
	at org.apache.cocoon.Tokenizer.nextToken(Tokenizer.java:155)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPUtil.split(XSPUtil.java:171)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
vaProcessor.java:133)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:489)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:359)
	at
	at
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Have I missed something really obvious?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris