cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Richaud" <rich...@cstb.fr>
Subject Cache / Store madness
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:40:39 GMT
I know this question has been raised many times (too many), so I first
apologize for raising
the question.

OK, let's start : My problem is that most of my pages are heavily using EJB
to get generate
dynamic content. In that case, I first make a transformation that inserts
XSP code and then I
transform this new XML to HTMl with a second transformation.

The fact is when I use CocoonCache instead of NoCache, my pages are not
refreshed ! Which is, you must admit, obviously irrelevant for dynamic
pages. On the other hand, I have obtained good performances with CocoonCache
and poor performances with NoCache.

I wanted to make my own opinion, and I decided to make my mind and used the
profiler. I admit that the XSP processor has a lot of work, but the
XSLTProcessor (I use Xalan, what about XT) is even slower.

I'm also wondering what is the role played by the MemoryStore. I took a look
at Cocoon.xml and i noticed my pages are cached by the store. Could anybody
tell what is the difference between the store and the cache.

Well, all in all, a good advice on how to tune correctly Cocoon would be
very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Olivier Richaud
CSTB