cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dafang Zhang <dafang.zh...@wcom.com>
Subject RE: xinclude caching (was: cache madness)
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:20:51 GMT

> > Donald, would you explain what's the strategy for remote
> xml XInclude
> > caching?
>
> sure thing. the xinclude processor checks the freshness of
> the resources
> it includes when reporting on the freshness of its results.
> if any of the
> resources it includes claim to have changed (via
> getLastModified for URLs
> or timestamp for files), i invalidate the cache.
>
> - donald

Thank you very much, Donald.  Now I understand what's behind the scene.

One more question please, if I even don't want to check the freshness of the
resource for a certain amount of time, i.e., I'm happy to use the cached
stuff from XInclude for a specified time period regardless the fresshness,
what can I do?

Dafang