cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Anybody using Jikes with Cocoon 1.8?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:01:10 GMT
Anybody using Jikes with Cocoon 1.8?This has to do with the fact that the compile was not successful.
Usually this is as simple as a typo or a <xsp:logic> section in
the wrong place.  When the page compiles correctly, you will see
everything in it's glory.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Newland
  Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 12:18 PM
  Subject: Anybody using Jikes with Cocoon 1.8?

  Hi,

  I'm trying to configure Cocoon 1.8 to use the Jikes compiler to speed up my XSP compilation
but have been unsuccessful so far.

  I've changed the cocoon.properties file to:

  # support for the java language
  processor.xsp.java.processor = org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor

  #processor.xsp.java.processor.compiler = org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.SunJavaCompiler

  processor.xsp.java.processor.compiler = org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.JikesJavaCompiler

  processor.xsp.java.logicsheet = xsp-java.xsl
  processor.xsp.java.preprocessor = org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor

  and I've put the jikes.exe file into the system PATH variable in my Tomcat startup script

  Now when I try the Hello World XSP sample (or any XSP page) I get the following exception:

  java.util.NoSuchElementException
          at org.apache.cocoon.Tokenizer.nextToken(Tokenizer.java:155)
          at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPUtil.split(XSPUtil.java:171)
          at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java:133)

          at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:489)
          at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:359)
          at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)

          at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
          at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

          at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

  Have I missed something really obvious?

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Chris