cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: Graphics output using XML - Visio style
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:49:10 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "sudhi" <sudheendra@insage.com>

> Hi,
> I believe you.

Good :-)

> Definitely I'll do it. I have the xml , my colleagues
> want an to do it in XSL , so I have to convince them now.

I wanted to do so too, and there's a tutorial on the IBM site on how to.
I tried it: it's difficult, long, a nightmare to debug and impossible to maintain.
If you use AWT, you have easy debugging, a proven model, and you
find yourself also with a Java component that can come in handy for reuse
in Java apps!
Now I use only Graphics, but Graphics2D is already been thought of.
There is a version of it on the Sun site.
I don't know if they will give us, but in the meantime I am thinking of
putting hooks in Cocoon and you can download from them yourself.
Just don't rely on it, I have other priorities and haven't tested theirs,
but if you _desperately_ need Graphics2D I will see what I can do.
For a start Graphics will _certainly_ suffice IMHO :-)

> Any ways, thanks for the response. And i'll send it to u when I am done
> :-)

Ok :-)

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)