cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-business.de>
Subject performance issues
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:28:27 GMT

Hi,

I've the following constellation: tag lib which calls some Beans
to render their state as DOM DocumentFragment ... these are
inserted via xsp:expr into the DOM tree ...

for example something like this:

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

<xsp:page>
  <xsp:expr>XBean.toDOM(document)</xsp:expr>
</xsp:page>

(XBean.toDOM creates around 10000 Nodes)

Cause performance is slow, I took the time spend in toDOM()
method ... It's about 1 second ... Cocoon response time is
(according to the comment at the bottom) about 12 to 13
seconds ...

I've no other processor, just the XMLSerializer via
<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?> ...

It can't last 11 seconds to render this DOM tree into a
stream, when it's easily created in 1 second ...

Also an XML formatter parses AND serializes the same XML
in about 3 seconds ... (using Xerces parser and serializer)

Did I miss something ?

Regards,

Jens

--

jens.lorenz@interface-business.de

interface:business GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany