cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-business.de>
Subject Re: performance issues
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:19:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Frank Olsen <frank.olsen@rd.francetelecom.fr>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 4:54 PM
Subject: RE: performance issues

> Hi,

> Just my two cents: I'm testing the performance of various ways of
> parsing/transforming XML to HTML, including Cocoon and Castor. The latter
> does not use XSLT - it just unmarshals XML to Java objects.
>
> For Castor, the unmarshalling process done when called from a servlet in
my
> appserver (WebSphere 3.0.2.1) is approximately 3.5 times slower than when
> used separetely from the command line.
>
> Well, I don't think your problem is the same -- I haven't got enough
> experience with cocoon to help you -- it's just a consideration.
>
> Regards,
> Frank Olsen

Thanks for your tips, but I'm afraid I was wrong ... I should have
blamed my webbrowser (IE) which seems to do really slow XML
parsing while reading he content thus stopping Cocoon ...

Downloading the result directly into a file, took only about 5
seconds (incl. around 2 seconds for pressing the save button).
That's a much more acceptable time, considering the time for servlet
engine, sockets, network and so on ... I was just really annoyed
about these 12 seconds, which are much to long for an interactive
application ...

Regards,

Jens

--

jens.lorenz@interface-business.de

interface:business GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany