cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Smith" <msm...@windebt.com>
Subject RE: cannot get ESQL to work... urgent
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:11:23 GMT
	I'm getting the following error when I attempt to use a modified verion of
the esql.xml from the samples.  The modifications are just filling in the
proper driver and connection data, as well as making the query and requested
results a lot simpler.  I don't understand the error it one bit.  One thing
I noted however, was that when I tried to stick a bit of esql into another
page, the "Compilation failed for..." would be applicable to
_nameofxmldocumentrequested.java.
	I made all the changes to the properties file, I beleive.  Is adding the
esql.xls file to the proper src directory and recompiling enough?  Do I need
to update with other files from the CVS?

Thankyou, and here's the error:

Error found handling the request.
java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _esql.java
37: Class org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker not found in import.
      import org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker;
             ^
39: Class org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection not found in import.
      import org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection;
             ^
57: Class org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker not found in import.
      import org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker;
             ^
59: Class org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection not found in import.
      import org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection;
             ^
82: Duplicate variable declaration: DBBroker _esql_pool was DBBroker
_esql_pool
		 static DBBroker _esql_pool = DBBroker.getInstance();
		                            ^
83: Class _usr._local._etc._httpd._htdocs._newwork._esql. EsqlSession
already defined in
/repository/_usr/_local/_etc/_httpd/_htdocs/_newwork/_esql.java.
                 class EsqlSession {
                       ^
83: Duplicate inner class declaration: nested type
_usr._local._etc._httpd._htdocs._newwork._esql. EsqlSession is already
defined in this scope.
                 class EsqlSession {
                       ^
96: Duplicate variable declaration: Stack _esql_sessions was Stack
_esql_sessions
   Stack _esql_sessions = new Stack();
                        ^
97: Duplicate variable declaration: EsqlSession _esql_session was
EsqlSession _esql_session
   EsqlSession _esql_session = null;
                             ^
147: ';' expected.
	        _esql_session.resultset.getString("username")
	                                                     ^
67: Class org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection not found in type
declaration.
                  DBConnection db_connection=null;
                                            ^
11 errors

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
vaProcessor.java)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)