cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Custom taglib problem
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 10:01:35 GMT
At 09:24 +0200 04/08/00, Laurent Eskenazi wrote:

>Thanks, I worked.
>
>But I still have a small problem:
>
>When I update my XSP pages, they are recompiled as soon as I reload the
>page. But when I update my taglib, I have to delete my repository directory
>and restart my webserver to have the new version used by my pages. It's
>isn't very practical when developping.
>
>Is there a better / faster way to see the result of these updates ?

If you have your logicsheet referenced from cocoon.properties, a recompile
of your XSP does not appear to happen when the logicsheet is changed. This
is fine for fully debugged logicsheets, but not a lot of fun when you are
still developing it!

Instead, put a <?xml-logicsheet href="path/to/your/logicsheet.xsl"?> PI
with the other PIs in your XSP Page to refer to the logicsheet. This way
recompilation occurs properly when your logicsheet changes.

Hope this helps

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre