cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: xinclude encoding problem
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:27:21 GMT
At 11:33 +0100 22/08/00, Cocoon mailing lista wrote:

>  When we use xinclude to include XML files that contain characters in
>ISO-8859-2
>encoding those characters don't get converted properly (e.g. the character
>&#185;
>gets converted into &sup1; instead of &scaron; (&#353;) ). All of our files
>begin with '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-2"?>'. When we access the
>files directly (without xinclude) everything works fine.

Did you try setting the encoding of your "importer" document to ISO-8859-2?
Does that work?

I expect the FP TagLib would suffer from the same problem ....

What is the proper way of handling this situation when you are importing
DocumentFragments that have a different encoding to the "importer"?

Thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre