cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: double xslt
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:51:08 GMT
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Pierpaolo Vittorini wrote:

> Hello, I'm new of this list, and I'm trouble because I need to apply two
> different and subsequential transformations to an xml document. That is:
>
>               +----+             +----+
>   xml_source -|xsl1!-> xml_part -|xsl2|-> html_final, or fo_final
>               +----+             +----+
>
> The first transformation applies with no trouble, so the xml_part file
> is correct. I mean I've also included
>
> <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">
>   src="xsl2"
>   type="text/xsl"
> </xsl:processing-instruction>
>
> in the xsl1 stylesheet...

you should simply have to include this fragment as well:

<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-process">type="xslt"</xsl:processing-instruction>

alternately, you can write the PIs in your source XML document and have
your first stylesheet explicitly copy PI to the result tree.

i see no reason to need to rely on an extra processor - i've done this
many many things and never have to do so.

- donald