cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: sql
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:14:30 GMT
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Hey Donald, how come you keep saying about processor deprecation in
> the list and then put a very nicely written (at least from the coding
> style, I learned a lot reading your SAX code, very, very clear! :-) )
> SQLTransformer in C2? ;-)

that sql transformer was written in furious hour or two just after pier
gave his cocoon2 talk at apachecon, just so i could learn a little bit of
SAX and try to give pier some feedback on the c2 architecture. it compiled
but i never tested it. no one was more surprised than i when giacomo found
it in the repository and made it work with two minor changes. :) anyway,
the xsp processor was a distant dream for c2 at that time, so i figured
i'd just play around with a sql transformer in the meantime.

i'm glad my sax code was clear, though i think i owe more to the elegance
of the api itself than to my deep understanding of it - my sax exposure
was measured in hours at that point. :)

- donald