cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: new version of the sql logicsheet under development
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:07:18 GMT
On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Uli Mayring wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > class test {
> >
> >  void main() {
> >   Object foo;
> >   // each thread gets its own foo
> >  }

> Ok, I understood now what you mean. Thanks for the info.
>
> So it looks like this problem is really hard to solve on the XSP side.
> Since we cannot expect the Java-Gods to abolish the 64K limitation and we
> shouldn't expect the cocoon users to knowingly avoid it, what possibilites
> are left?

1. really hard doesn't mean impossible. i think we can figure a way to do
it on the XSP side with enough though. until then:

2. dealing with it on a logicsheet-by-logicsheet basis. i just checked in
a new version of the esql logicsheet which turns esql:execute-query
elements into methods, which are called by the populateDocument
method. this avoids inlining all of the jdbc code in the populateDocument
method, which should reduce the chances of hitting the 64k boundary.

note it pretty much requires xalan-1.2_d02 to work properly since the
generate-id function had a bug in previous versions.

- donald