cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Perry Hekman <jphek...@arborius.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon from the command line
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:05:52 GMT
On 25 Aug 2000, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> You don't need a servlet engine. But you need the servlet
> classes. Cocoon comes with servlet_2_2.jar that should be in your
> classpath even for command line usage.

Indeed, assing servlet.jar to my CLASSPATH solved that problem. Now I am
getting a null pointer exception:

[jphekman@pendaran invoice]$ java org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
~/projects/invoice/sample.xml ~/tmp/cocoon.html
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Configurations.<init>(Configurations.java
, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Configurations.<init>(Configurations.java
, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.main(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)

Looks like it can't open sample.xml, but
 a) xerces could, and
 b) [jphekman@pendaran invoice]$ ls -l ~/projects/invoice/sample.xml
-rw-rw-r--    1 jphekman jphekman     2386 Aug 25 11:01
/home/jphekman/projects/invoice/sample.xml

It appears I'll have to presume on the list's good nature for a little
more help -- but only if there's a general feeling that this is a useful
problem to solve; I am happy just using xerces for this project.