cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: xinclude encoding problem
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:43:59 GMT
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Cocoon mailing lista wrote:

>   When we use xinclude to include XML files that contain characters in
> ISO-8859-2 encoding those characters don't get converted properly
> (e.g. the character &#185; gets converted into &sup1; instead of
> &scaron; (&#353;) ). All of our files begin with '<?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="ISO-8859-2"?>'. When we access the files directly (without
> xinclude) everything works fine.

hmm. something is definitely going wrong in the serialization, but i
haven't got the foggiest idea how to address this. my code is blissfully
unaware of character encoding issues. in fact, i don't see anything in the
entire DOM API that indicates anything to do with character encodings.

what version of xerces are you using? what is the encoding of the source
file? if you include the files using external entities does it work
properly? what is the declared encoding of cocoon's result?

can't promise i'll be terribly helpful as i'm almost completely ignorant
about encoding issues, but i'll give it a whirl.

- donald