cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Where did ProducerFromRequest go?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:50:38 GMT
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm back and ready to rumble again.
>
> I read in the list archives that ProducerFromRequest was removed for
> security reasons.
>
> I need to call cocoon programmatically and perused the fromServlet
> sample supplied with cocoon. This sample needs ProducerFromRequest to
> run - so:
>
> 1) Will ProducerFromRequest come back?

nope. it's not safe. you could maybe rewrite a version that would be safe,
but i'd rather it not be part of the standard cocoon distro. i think you
could engineer a better solution for anything you might want
ProducerFromRequest for.

> 2) If no, how would one go about calling cocoon programmatically (from a
> remote machine)?
>
> Basically, I create an XML document in a Java program and post it to a
> servlet (to be written), which should hand it to cocoon, cocoon should
> (via fop) generate a PDF and send a stream back to the servlet, which
> gives the stream to the Java program, which saves the PDF to a file.

i think your java program should just call Xalan and FOP directly.

- donald