cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: SQL XSP Taglib problem
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 05:27:43 GMT
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Mariusz Nowostawski wrote:

> I have very simple xsp page which suppose to update something in the
> database using SQL query, and than be processed by XSLT stylesheet.
> However, if I put:

> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="register.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
>
> <xsp:page language="java"
>           xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
> 	  xmlns:sql="http://www.apache.org/1999/SQL">
>
> Cocoon is producing:
> Cocoon 1.8-dev  Error found handling the request.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException:
> at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:409)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:305)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:167)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
> at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:330)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
>

> It seems that the problem is just by declaring the SQL namespace, because
> inside the xml source it does not matter if I do nothing or something
> with the execute-query. Also, error appears before my XSP processor will
> generate java source.  If I remove the namespace declaration, all
> seems to work, but, of course, on the resulting (after xslt) document
> I have raw stuff with my sql query which was not processed by sql
> processor.

it would seem that you haven't updated your cocoon.properties file to
conform to the latest revision in cvs. stefano moved the sql logicsheet's
location, along with a couple of other things (hence the move to 1.8). i'd
redo your cocoon.properties from scratch.

i think robin green had a suggestion or two for patching xsp processor to
give better errors when this sort of thing happens. robin, do you mind
sending a cvs diff of your suggested change(s)?

- donald