cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <mari...@marni.otago.ac.nz>
Subject including html piece
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:46:58 GMT
I finally almost made my xinclude working, i.e. when the file ref is wrong
it throws a nice java.io.FileNotFoundException: path/file
however when file ref is correct it gives:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.processXIncludeElement(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWorker.process(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Why?  ;o)

What I want to do, is to reuse a piece of HTML which I repeat all over
again in different generated dynamically pages. I though I can use
xinclude for including piece of HTML, but I suspect I cannot.
What I should do instead? I could use entities if only I knew how to
declare and include them dynamically in HTML page?
Any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Mariusz