cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Producer development/implementation
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 02:49:21 GMT
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Doody, John wrote:

> I just installed Cocoon 1.7.4 on a Sun machine running JRun 2.3.3.  So far,
> so good.  Now I need to call a service which will send back a block of XML.
> The service will most likely be a Java socket program.  I would generally
> make the call to the socket program from a servlet.  However, the cocoon
> documentation states servlet output is not to be piped to cocoon.  It
> appears I need to write a producer.  The documentation doesn't go into a lot
> of detail about how to implement the producer.
>
> I would appreciate some help on how to develop and implement producers (or a
> reference to such).

is very simple. just write a class that implements the producer
interface. however, all you really need is a simple(ish) XSP
page. something like this:

<xsp:page>

<page>

<xsp:logic>
  InputStream stream = mySocketCall();
  InputSource source = new InputSource(stream);
  xspCurrentNode.appendChild(
    XSPUtil.cloneNode(
      this.xspParser.parse(source).getDocumentElement(),
      document
    )
  );
  stream.close();