cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: mixing xsql and cocoon xml
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:23:43 GMT
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Steve Conover wrote:

> I feel like I'm missing some of the fundamentals here.  I have Cocoon set
> up, and also Oracle's XSQL (which I'd prefer to use over the SQL Processor
> and SQL logicsheet).  Is there any way for Cocoon to recognize the xsql tags
> in the following example, and pass execution to the XSQL servlet (that could
> be a really dumb question - I'm a little green when it comes to servlets,
> and maybe these are two completely seperate exection environments that can't
> interact), the XSQL servlet inserts the resultset and then Cocoon execution
> continues?  Any suggestions for how to use both in the same application, or
> do I have to pick either XSQL or Cocoon XML for developing my application?

I think you're going to have to choose one or the other - although Marcelo
has written a program called DBPrism which is an Oracle XSQL work-alike
program which uses cocoon underneath - you may find that to be helpful.

Out of curiousity, what particular features of Oracle's XSQL make you
choose that over either of cocoon's sql renderers?

- donald