cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Morten Primdahl <mor...@caput.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:53:42 GMT

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Matthew Smith wrote:

>     I get the following error page from cocoon:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

This just means what it says, no import black.magic.* here ;)
The compiler is unable to locate the Driver class in
the org.gjt.mm.mysql package. In order for the compiler to
locate classes, they'll need to be in the CLASSPATH. Assuming
that you use Tomcat, put the mm.mysql.jar in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib dir. Then you'll need to modify the tomcat.sh
file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/bin dir, in order to tell tomcat
to put the mm.mysql.jar in the classpath. Look at the other
CLASSPATH declarations in the same file.

HTH,

Morten