cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve A Drake <...@comet.ucar.edu>
Subject Re: XSP sample errors
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:19:11 GMT
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, I-Chung Young wrote:

> HI,
>
> 	On Solaris 6, there is a default java which is version 1.1.x.
> Check your environment and make sure you have JAVA_HOME defined and
> point to the JDK1.3 directory (not /usr/java, which is a symbolic
> link to /usr/java1.1 and you shouldn't change that link. Some other
> Solaris 2.6 program might need the old version).
>
> Hope this helps.
> ------------
> I-Chung Young
> ichung@puma.mt.att.com

 Thanks for the suggestion but that's not the problem. I also downloaded
and built Cocoon 1.8-dev under JDK 1.2.2 and also JDK 1.3beta with the
same result - the XSP samples don't work (same error).

 Not that it helped me, but others might like to know that to build under
JDK 1.2.2, I also had to download JNDI and LDAP jar files (from Sun) and
copy xml.jar from Tomcat. (Of course, this could be bad beta since XSP
isn't working for me!)

 For the JDK 1.3 build, I also moved jre/lib/ext/parser.jar which, I
believe, came with the 1.3 distribution, to avoid class naming collisions.

 I repackaged xml.jar, removing org/w3c/dom.

 I added cocoon.jar to the classpath. (Actually, it's currently the only
file in the classpath.)

 I'm open to other suggestions. BTW, xerces_1_1_3.jar is in the classpath
before xml.jar (not that it matters after deleting DOM1 support). The
error I'm getting with Cocoon 1.8-dev is:

Error found handling the request.

     java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
             at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:116)
             at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:123)
             at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
             at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
             at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:423)
             at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:333)
             at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
             at
             at
             at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
             at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)