cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Quattlebaum" <michae...@mindspring.com>
Subject Have I missed the answer? (JSP Equivalent to Usebean)
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:29:50 GMT
I noticed a couple of people ask about the xsp equivalent of <jsp:usebean>
but I haven't seen any answers.  Isn't anyone setting values in a session
bean and reading those from separate pages?  If so, how are you doing it?
How do you reference a previously instance of a bean rather than creating a
new one when you launch a new page?  Can I initiate a bean instance with JSP
and reference that same instance within Cocoon?

On a related note, can someone explain why the XSP initiative was started
rather than building the same concepts on top of JSP?  Are there plans to
merge the two later on?

Thanks,

Michael Q.
michaeleq@mindspring.com