cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Quattlebaum" <michae...@mindspring.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon.xml
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:19:51 GMT
I've been able to get it working with other directory structures as long as
I put a conf/cocoon.properties in the web context directory.  For example,
if I have http://localhost/subdir/file.xml, as long as
/subdir/conf/concoon.properties exists, it works fine.  Also, in order to
address your other issue on the port 8080 question, you must make sure that
Apache has the tomcat properties file included in its properties.  Then it
should work fine.  The only thing I haven't been able to get working is
using a Processor without putting 8080 on it.  I haven't investigated enough
to determine why.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Mike Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 2:48 PM
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Subject: RE: Cocoon.xml

  I actually had to put the cocoon.properties file in the
  {TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/ROOT directory. I don't know why, but that how it
  worked.

  So how do I set Cocoon up so that I don't have to use the port? So I would
  like to use the address http://localhost/Cocoon.xml instead of
  http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

  I would also like to know how to change or add ROOT for different web
  applications.

  thanks for the help, aside from this mailing list I have not been able to
  find much help with this.

  Aaron

  These are Tomcat issues. Cocoon is just a servlet. But the answer lies in
your jakarta-tomcat/conf/server.xml file. This controls all of these. For
more questions on Tomcat, go to http://jarkata.apache.org and look through
the FAQ. All these questions are answered there and in the mail archive.