cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lisa van Gelder" <l...@wirestation.co.uk>
Subject RE: generating xsl processing instructions
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:14:45 GMT
>I'm not sure you'll be able to use the stylesheet in the way that you want
>(unless you really do just want to output an XSL stylesheet to the browser
>or whatever, which seems odd, seeing as no major browser supports XSL:FO
>yet), so I think your whole approach is probably mistaken. What are you
>trying to do overall?

I'm converting html into xml and xsl. I have one template that strips off
all formatting info (table tags, paragraph tags, divs, spans etc) and turns
the rest into xml, and another template that keeps all the formatting info
and puts placeholders so that the xml elements can be slotted into place
when the stylesheet is called. What I want is a stylesheet that generates
another stylesheet including the xsl instructions. I want a stylesheet that
will output:

	<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

 	<xsl:template match="/">

	<head>
	<title><xsl:value-of select="//head/title"/></title>
	</head>

	<xsl:apply-templates select="cs[8]" />

	</xsl:template>
	</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm not sure if this is possible to do in xsl? I have tried to escape the <
and > using &lt; and &gt; respectively as well as CDATA[[]] but to no avail.
Basically, the source that is outputted looks like a dog's dinner! :)

thanks

Lisa