cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lisa van Gelder" <l...@wirestation.co.uk>
Subject random character
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:46:29 GMT
Hello cocoon peeps.

I've got a stylesheet that converts html - xml which is producing an odd
character: &#194; When cocoon meets this character it starts giving me
errors about not closing tags properly.

1) why does &#194; cause errors? It is a numeric entity, and I thought
cocoon could cope with those.

2) where does &#194; come from?

I think it has something to do with &nbsp;  My html file is run through HTML
Tidy which converts all &nbsp; to its numeric equivalent, &#160;  The html
file is then run through a stylesheet to convert it into xml.

But in front of every &#160; in my xml file there is a &#194;

example:

becomes <p>&#194;&#160;</p> <!-- final xml output

Has anybody else run into this, and how have they dealt with it?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Lisa