cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: xsp "NoSuchMethodError" - org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 23:27:29 GMT
You have conflicting versions of the DOM in your classpath.
Look for copies of org.w3c.dom.Node in the jarfiles - typically in an
xml.jar.

The solution may be as simple as moving (Cocoon's) xerces.jar forward in the
classpath.

If you don't find the other copy, look at the jars the compiler gives you by
default.

-Ed Staub

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Conover [mailto:sconover@groundswell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 7:06 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: xsp "NoSuchMethodError" -
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)

Hi everyone,

I've gotten pretty far today, I have Cocoon.xml and all the examples working
(jrun 3.0, win2k, iis, jdk13, cocoon 1.7.4) EXCEPT for the xsp examples.
I'm getting this error:

Error found handling the request.
	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
		at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
		at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XS