cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: new version of the sql logicsheet under development
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:49:20 GMT
I'm not sure, but I don't think changing the code will help much.
I believe the vast majority of the problem is string constants.

Ulrich, I wasn't able to use the .class file you sent, because it's over 64K
and the tools won't handle it.  Can you send me something near but not over
the limit?

If other folks want to explore where the problem is, I highly recommend a
package from IBM Alphaworks called CFParse.  Download the 1.1.6 version; the
1.2 version is broken.

This provides:
	- an API for messing around in .class files
	- a very nice graphical editor for .class files, called Jackie
	- a lot of really informative documentation

-Ed Staub

-----Original Message-----
From: ulim@chmls04.mediaone.net [mailto:ulim@chmls04.mediaone.net]On
Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 3:44 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: new version of the sql logicsheet under development

ricardo wrote:

> Please, my friends, enlighten me about problems and options I
> may not be seeing right now. In particular, I may be being to
> simplistic with the 64k-limit problem: all I see is a problem
> of separating data from code. Is there something I'm missing?

One additional thing that could be improved is the verbosity of the
generated code itself. For example, look at this:

xspCurrentNode.appendChild(document.createTextNode("\n\n"));

All for a simple blank line. We could have a convenience method for
creating text nodes, say:

Wouldn't this help a lot right now, even with the old approach to code
generation?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring