cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Barmeier" <barme...@BARMEIER.COM>
Subject Taglib problem on tomcat 3.1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 05:51:22 GMT
Oh Sorry: this is the correct posting :-(

Hi,

yesterday I've got a big problem. I have tried to make a small jsp taglib.
I got the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/tree/XmlDocument
        at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.createDocument(Compiled Code)
        at
com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.startDocument(XmlDocumentBuilder.java:35
0)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:283)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.parseXMLDoc(JspUtil.java:154)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
        at
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)

        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

After being confused for a while I figured out, that this class
(XmlDocument) is
part of xml.jar.

After putting xml.jar before xerces.xxx.jar in the classpath everything
works fine, but I have put xerces before xml.jar as workaround for the
"Method not found error ... normalize ..." something like this.

Question:

	Can I use both jsp-taglibs and cocoon is there any workaround
	for preventing the described problem ???

Please help.

Thank you.

Matthias Barmeier

/*
    Dipl.-Inform. Matthias Barmeier        Tel: +49 (0)30 79 70 72 87
    Büro für Softwareentwicklung           Fax +49 (0)30 79 70 72 88
    Grunewaldstr. 18                       Email: barmeier@barmeier.com
    12165 Berlin                           WWW: <http://www.barmeier.com>
*/