cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kowshik.Pod...@ubsw.com
Subject Using FOP 0.14 with Cocoon...
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:00:40 GMT
Hi,

Any ideas on this one? I was hoping to take advantage of FOP 0.14's new
features under Cocoon, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work - I
compiled and stuck the FOP jar in the appropriate place (where Tomcat
loads the jars from), but if I now try to view a PDF rendered by
Cocoon, I get the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
               at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(Compiled
Code)
               at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Compiled Code)
               at
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter.format(FO2PDFFormatter.java:
83)
               at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
               at
               at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
               at
               at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnec
tion(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.run(Compiled Code)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

If I revert back to FOP 0.13, the PDF is generated without any
problems. I presume that there must be a logical explanation, due to
some kind of design change in FOP 0.14. Is this new version now
incompatible with Cocoon, or is there something that I've overlooked.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated, since I really need to use
the improved PDF support which FOP 0.14 provides, but via Cocoon.

Cheers,

Kosh

related financial instruments.