cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: generating xsl processing instructions
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:58:08 GMT
"Lisa van Gelder" <lisa@wirestation.co.uk> wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is possible to do in xsl? I have tried to escape the <
>and > using &lt; and &gt; respectively as well as CDATA[[]] but to no
>avail.

This is a very common problem. It is not possible to write XML using &lt; in
Cocoon 1.7.4 - I believe this is because of a bug in the version of Xerces
shipped with Cocoon.

Anyway writing XML using &lt; etc. should be possible according to the XSLT
spec and using disable-output-escaping, but it should be discouraged because
it is messy and too easy to make mistakes. For what you want you can just
use xsl:element and xsl:attribute (sorry, I forgot to mention
xsl:attribute). Or for less verbosity, you can declare two XSLT namespaces,
as someone else suggested just now.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.