cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scott Vachalek <Svacha...@ondemandinc.com>
Subject Installation issue
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:55:05 GMT
Hello [newbie alert],

I'm trying to get Cocoon running with an Apache/Tomcat/Win2K configuration
almost exactly like the "Cocoon Installation Case" docs on the website.
(The only significant difference I know of is I'm using JDK 1.2.2 versus
1.3.)  My thanks to whoever wrote that doc, it got me pretty far.  However,
at the end it says "understanding how cocoon finds the cocoon.properties
file is the key" but I can't find that documented!

Having followed those instructions the Cocoon.xml tells me it can't find
cocoon.properties even though I put one of those babies everywhere the doc
said and more.  So I tweaked the Tomcat web.xml file to give a full path for
cocoon.properties, which gives me a happy Cocoon.xml page.  However, when I
try the next step to bring up "samples/index.xml", I get this:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT\index.xml (The
system cannot find the file specified)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:68)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:99)

Basically any page I try to get now comes up with this error as it points to
"ROOT" rather than the appropriate subdirectory.  (It should look in
"E:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\samples\index.xml".)  So I'm thinking:

1. This could be a result of my fixed path for cocoon.properties and maybe I
just need to configure that right or
2. This could be two completely different problems.

Either way, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
Scott

P.S. My apologies if this is in the archive, it seems to be down right now.