cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 questions: nested xml evaluation, forcing servlets not to cache , code design opinions
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:12:45 GMT
Steve Conover <sconover@groundswell.net> wrote:
>First a hopefully easy question.  Every time I want to execute a change to
>one of my files, I have to go into my servlet repository

You mean Cocoon repository, right?

>and delete out the
>cached .java and .class files.

If you are talking about servlets you would not be deleting your servlet
java files, so you must be talking about the Cocoon repository!

>  Should there be a way to turn this off (I
>looked thru the config files an I couldn't find anything obvious).  Anyone
>know how to do this with Jrun specifically?

It is nothing to do with Jrun. The most probable cause is that the date/time
is set wrong on either your machine with your text editor on it, or the
server. Cocoon uses file date/times to determine whether files should be
regenerated. Try correcting the system clocks on the machine and setting the
date/time on your client (the machine with the text editor on it I mean) to
5 mins ahead of the server, just to be sure.

If this is not the cause, I don't know - My colleague's seen this happen
yesterday without the date being the problem, but it inexplicably went away
again today.