cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: file uploading, downloading
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:46:15 GMT
Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> >   I think that the best option is write a XSP Logicsheet that handle
>request
> > object.  Give me a day for making a skeleton of the idea.
>
>i really think it's going to be impossible to do it at that stage since
>cocoon will have already tried to read various request parameters, which
>is going to fail on most servlet engines since they can't handle
>multipart/form-encoded input properly (!)

Possibly it could fail, but shouldn't they just return null, which is fine?

In fact, we have got an XSP upload page working on both Tomcat 3.1 (which
has no support for multipart/form-encoded) and Resin 1.2b1 - although we
encountered some very very odd problems (Internal Server Error, even when I
commented out virtually everything on the page!) when I tried to make a
reusable logicsheet out of it when we were using Tomcat - problems which I
traced to somewhere either in modjserv.so or in apache itself (!) Looking at
all log files with maximum debug levels, and even looking at the raw ajpv12
communications, yielded no clues.

At this stage, because I hit a brick wall trying to move the code out into a
logicsheet, it is tied in to our code and not best suited for reusability. I
hope to hunt down that bug when I have some spare time in a few weeks. I bet
you I'm not able to reproduce it, after all that - it was one of those
really spooky bugs.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.