cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matt Coolidge <M...@pcmove.com>
Subject Dynamic WAP problems
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:03:08 GMT
Hi everyone. I'm writing a WAP application. Basically, my XSP talks to the
database and sticks the resulting DocumentFragment into the output. I can
write an XSL stylesheet to make a WAP deck, with a card for each row of
data. But it's FAR too big if I do it this way; and WAP phones error out on
it.

I need a way of paging thru that initial document, 9 or 10 (or less!) rows
per deck. But I dont want to have to do a full DB query each time i page,
and then filter out the unwanted rows from the XML, and then apply a
stylesheet to make WAP. and I cant just break up the document, bacause it's
created dynamically by my XSP page. There's gotta be a better way, right?

Thanks for ANY help,
Matt Coolidge