cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yao, Di" <d...@profilesys.com>
Subject RE: 96 M memory for JVM still not enough, what can I do?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:31:49 GMT
 there IS outofmemory exception in some cases, but sometimes it just hangs.
Regarding my xml/xsl. Since in my test files, I started from a 10k small
xml, which is very simple. Then I copied one line <a>something</a>, pasted
it hundreds of times. I tried several times when the file grows to 100k,
200k, 400k....    It is already very slow at 600k, but still shows up.
However, when the size increased to 800k, I waited 20 minutes and still
nothing happens.
My desktop has 128M memory, and I allocated 96M to JVM. No swapping happened
in this case.
I also tried to increase JVM memory to even more, but then the computer
keeps thrashing&paging........mine is windows98, I do not know where task
manager is.
Thank you so much.
yaodi