cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Doody, John" <john.do...@attws.com>
Subject Producer development/implementation
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:28:52 GMT
I just installed Cocoon 1.7.4 on a Sun machine running JRun 2.3.3.  So far,
so good.  Now I need to call a service which will send back a block of XML.
The service will most likely be a Java socket program.  I would generally
make the call to the socket program from a servlet.  However, the cocoon
documentation states servlet output is not to be piped to cocoon.  It
appears I need to write a producer.  The documentation doesn't go into a lot
of detail about how to implement the producer.

I would appreciate some help on how to develop and implement producers (or a
reference to such).

However, if my approach is not sound, I would also appreciate some direction
on a good way to perform this task.

Thanks,
John

John S. Doody