cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Conover <scono...@groundswell.net>
Subject newbie trying to set up cocoon 1.7.4 with jrun 3.0
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 17:53:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

I this posting about getting cocoon 1.7.4 and jrun 3.0 working.  He refers
to an application...does anyone know if I need to actually set up a new "web
application" using the mamagement console?  And if so what settings should I
use for the new web application?  If not, then under which web application
should I set all this stuff up?

Also, I am still unclear about where to put my cocoon.properties
file...which relates to the question above.

Any help very much appreciated...

Regards,
Steve

=======================================

Greetings

After a little bit of tweaking, I finally got Cocoon 1.7.4 up and running
with JRun 3.0. (Had it previously running with Tomcat 3.x)

Configuration
------------------
1. Cocoon 1.7.4
2. JRun Developer Edition 3.0 (Version 3.00.3694)
3. Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
4. JDK 1.2.2 (Hotspot VM 1.0.1)

Summary of Changes Required
1. Classpath of Default Server
	D:\Cocoon\lib\xerces_1_0_3.jar
	D:\Cocoon\lib\cocoon.jar
	D:\Cocoon\lib\xalan_1_0_1.jar
	D:\Cocoon\lib\fop_0_12_1.jar
	D:\Cocoon\lib\stylebook-1.0-b2.jar
	D:\java\lib\tools.jar

2. Removed org.w3c.dom.* class files from C:\Jrun\lib\ext\parser.jar
    (don't forget to back it up; Saw this one in a previously submitted tip)

3. Created a directory called "conf" under WEB-INF of the application and
    copied the cocoon.properties file that comes with the distribution in
that directory.

4. Added the servlet definition org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon with the properties

    parameter as conf/cocoon.properties
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>properties</param-name>
			<param-value>conf/cocoon.properties</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</servlet>

5. Added a Servlet URL Mapping for *.xml to go to org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
Servlet.

    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
    </servlet-mapping>

Here is the complete web.xml of the WEB-INF directory of the application
under which
Cocoon examples were installed.

Best Regards

Hitesh Kr. Seth.