cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svend...@clustra.com>
Subject Re: cocoon - java version on Solaris
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:10:52 GMT
At 11:37 01.08.00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to know whether, on Solaris 2.6, cocoon can run a higher jdk version
>than 1.1.8.  Somebody here is trying to convince me that on this Solaris
>Cocoon
>is the limiting factor and he can only install jdk 1.1.8.
>
>It just sounds very improbable to me. I prefer java 2 to develop the rest
>of the
>java involved (servlets, xsp, EJB's, what have you).
>
>The plan is to Cocoon with use apache + JServ with it.
>
>Can some body confirm that Cocoon has no problem with jdk 1.2 (or 1.3?) on
>Solaris 2.6?  (It is not mentioned yet on the website, only Solaris 2.5.1
>with
>NetscapeServer).

I am pretty sure that Cocoon on 2.6 won't have any problems with jdk 1.2x.
Just be sure to apply the patches that are required. These patches are
available from the download page which comes up after you have logged into
the Sun download center to download the JDK itself.

You might want to have a look at http://techsite.yngve.com/web/cocoon.html
before you install everything.

Regards,

Yngve Svendsen